the gunnercooke foundation Manager
Job Title: Manager
Location: Hybrid / Manchester City Centre
Hours: Full Time – 35 hours a week
Salary: £35-37k (DOE) + benefits, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays. Pension + Healthcare package + Birthday day off + Christmas shopping afternoon plus much more
Reports to: the gunnercooke foundation Director
About the Company and Charity
gunnercooke is the blueprint for the future of legal services, a firm that is passionately, obsessively focused on brilliant service for its clients. A law firm, with a difference.
We’ve taken away lots of the constraints that prevent lawyers from giving a brilliant client service and we’ve replaced them with a model that attracts the best legal talent to join us, giving them the freedom to invest fully into their client relationships.
Set up over 10 years ago, the gunnercooke foundation is the beating heart of gunnercooke, we actively work with and engage with professionals from across the gunnercooke network and are entirely funded by the law firm.
We currently run and are building a number of projects, all designed to help ‘Do Good, Faster’, from mentoring and coaching third sector leaders through to building bookshops designed to build communities and much more.
Please see the rest of our website to find out more about some of the exciting projects you would be managing and supporting.
The gunnercooke foundation Manager will continue to design, deliver, and build on our current projects as well as drive and support the foundation on new projects as they are created.
The gunnercooke foundation Manager will be motivated to making a difference within the communities we work and passionate about engaging people in the work we do.
We need someone who is capable and has experience of working across the full charity spectrum, with a good knowledge and understanding of the third sector in order to fully support our nationwide 120+ charity members. Our projects are designed to help charities become more financially sustainable and less reliant on grant funding, so we need someone who is commercially aware and ideally with some experience within the commercial sector and working in a high change environment.
This newly created role will work closely with the Foundation Director to develop and deliver a range of projects, you will need to be a self starter and have experience working across a range of functions.
Mindset and attitude is a big one for gunnercooke. We need someone who with a ‘can-do’ attitude who is given a task and works out how to deliver it, who can think big and isn’t intimidated or shies away from a big task.
There are a number of areas you would be responsible for;
- Oversee the management of, and be ultimately responsible for,
A P/T Admin Assistant who is responsible for;
Inspire* database management
Creating newsletters, social media content and events support
Organise and host online and face to face meetings
Continuously update the volunteering opportunity platform
Supporting across the foundation
- Be the central point of contact for inspire* hub leaders and members
Build relationships and make connections between audiences and projects
- Engage with the wider gunnercooke community and encourage participation with the foundation and our charity members inline with KPIs
- Develop an annual communications calendar for internal and external communications channels to build the profile of the foundation.
- Producing ideas, spotting the connections, and creating the content for internal channels.
- Delivering communications around key Awareness Days and promoting related charity members
- Social media content
- Generate reports around readership and engagement
- Edit and develop the foundation website inline with project developments and news
- Develop and be responsible for databases as required
- Produce and deliver events from our presence at gunnercooke’s annual Symposium through to International Women’s Day, our annual Wrap Up London/Berlin (and beyond!) events, through to 1-2-1, Hub and Big Meet Up meetings online and in person.
- Create content for inclusion in presentations, written reports and other formats as required.
- Assist with the production of the foundation’s Annual Report
- Deliver monthly Board Report content to the foundation Director
- Develop and deliver project plans for campaigns working with relevant stakeholders internally and externally
- Manage the PT Admin Assistant
- Keep up to date with emerging trends, changes in policy and the wider factors affecting the third sector.
- Promote the foundation externally to raise the profile of the work we do within the third sector as well as more widely.
This is a new role and as such responsibilities are likely to develop over time.
Skills and Abilities - Essential
· Clear, concise and persuasive written and spoken communication skills.
· Excellent listening skills with a can-do attitude, and a proactive, problem-solving approach.
· Great attention to detail, including grammar and spelling.
· Commercial and analytical skills
· Experience of working in a rapidly changing environment
· Outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills and thrives on meeting exacting deadlines and delivering exceptional service to stakeholders.
· A calm, professional, welcoming approach with the ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to plan and control activities to meet objectives.
· Knowledge of the third sector and the challenges faced nationally and more locally.
· Must have a good working knowledge of; Powerpoint, Excel, Work, Outlook, social media platforms.
Skills and Abilities - Desirable
· Experience of using applications such as Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Doodlepoll,
· Design experience with Canva (or other design apps)
· Experience of working in the private sector / commercial environment or been self employed
· Experience of working in the third sector
· Previous events management experience.
Personal Attributes - Essential
· Be self motivated and a self starter – this role will be hybrid so you must be comfortable working ‘alone’ as well as in a busy office.
· Be able to maintain a positive and cheerful demeanour to building excellent working relationships with a wide variety of colleagues and partners.
· Be very people oriented – caring and considerate, a desire to be helpful and sort things out for people.
· Thrive on spinning many plates with a cool head and to empathise with those you are spinning them for.
· Willing to travel and occasionally work unsocial hours if business need dictates.
· Be a good team player demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the firm and your team.
· Applicants must be adaptable and turn their hand to a range of tasks and skills.
· Commercial / private sector experience would be an advantage, ideally in addition to knowledge of experience in the third sector.
To apply, please submit your C.V. and covering letter, detailing why the role appeals to you and why you would be well suited to it.
Closing date : 5pm Monday 12th February (extended)
For more information about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about gunnercooke please visit www.gunnercooke.com